To confirm the formality of the documents that need to be presented abroad, you need to perform apostille. This is a simpler procedure than legalization, which is applied only by the countries that are parties to the Hague Convention.
When entering a country that has signed the Convention, you do not need to pass legalization, it is enough to have an apostille. The stamp is placed by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on the original documents, confirming the signature of the authorized legal entity.
To travel to countries that have not signed the Hague Convention, the documents must be legalized. This is a more protracted process, involving three stages:
- Certification of documents in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
- Sending documents for certification to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Final certification by the consulate of the country to which you are going.
After legalization, an ordinary translated file becomes legally valid and becomes an official document valid abroad. Thanks to this procedure, you will be able to move freely and perform actions on the territory of other countries. The document receives the signature and seal of the state sample from the authorities.
Apostille and legalization are the legalizing of your documents and the ability to use them outside the country. One of these procedures can not be dispensed with when leaving Ukraine on a business trip, to study, to a new place of work, or to conclude transactions.
What documents are required to pass legalization:
- identity cards: passport, TIN code, driver’s license;
- official documents issued by local government agencies and authorities, for example, a certificate of education;
- legal: court sentences and decisions, documents issued by the notary office and certified by the Ministry of Justice, certificates from the judicial authorities;
- administrative: marriage and divorce certificates, birth and death certificates.
To receive an apostille, you need at least 5 working days, provided that the documents are properly processed and submitted. Legalization requires more time from 10 working days to a month. The period of receipt is determined by the consulate of the country to which you are going. It is worth remembering that to obtain legalization in different countries, each of the stages must be repeated. You can not submit documents to several consulates at once after being certified by the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
To obtain legalization or apostille, you are required to provide undamaged original documents without lamination.
To avoid bureaucratic difficulties in the process of processing documents, please contact our translation agency. A team of professionals will quickly and inexpensively issue you an apostille and legalization.